2 December 2013

Why Davey Richards Is Done With Ring Of Honor

Davey Richards has long been rumoured to be WWE bound and actually worked the last NXT tapings alongside his American Wolves tag-team partner Eddie Edwards. He has announced on Facebook that he's done with ROH and will not be appearing at Final Battle.

His Facebook post:
"With a heavy heart, I can announce I announce that myself and ROH have parted ways for good and I will not be at Final Battle. Please continue to support them and the incredible talent they have. Thanks for the memories. It was an amazing ride."

However his tryouts with WWE are said not to be the reason he's left the promotion and he tweeted the following yesterday afternoon:


The Tweet:
"To clarify, it was ROH offices decision to not have me at Final Battle. Not mine or any other company's."

Apparantly Richards was in hot water with ROH over disparaging remarks in THIS ISSUE of the free online wrestling magazine Total Wrestling.

In that interview, when asked about Ring of Honors iPPV issues his response was blunt and to the point: "I don’t care. It doesn’t bother me. If they can’t get their crap together, that’s their problem. I just worry about showing up, doing my job in the ring, and they can do whatever they want with that stuff. It’s their deal."

He stated that the ROH tag-team titles "Don't mean anything anymore anyway" and when asked about the Jay Brisco/World title storyline he said "In my opinion the whole thing is a bit screwy, but it is what it is. I don't book the shows but you can't fault the talent. If you stick any of those guys in the ring you're going to get a good match, so it's entertaining for the fans."

ROH originally dropped him from a number of shows as soon as the article hit the internet but he managed to get the dates back by apologising to the locker-room.  This isn't the first time he's been in ROHs bad books, calling Jim Cornette "outdated" back in 2012 and stating that his storyline with Eddie Edwards for Final Battle 2011 was "stupid and ridiculous" in a shoot interview for Highspots.com and now it seems like ROH have had their fill of the American Wolf.



No comments:

Post a Comment